Ensure your email reaches the inbox with Return Path Certification
Return Path’s Certification program is the industry’s most recognized and valued certified whitelist. Getting on the whitelist helps ensure better inbox placement with major mailbox providers like Yahoo, Microsoft, AOL and more.
17% of promotional emails never reach the inbox, landing in spam folders or getting blocked. That means losing out on opens, clicks, and ultimately revenue–impacting the success or failure of your email programs. Don’t take that risk. Partner with Return Path to optimize email visibility and increase revenue by getting more email delivered. Apply now.
Our global coverage is the broadest in the industry
Our coverage includes three of the world’s largest mailbox providers–AOL, Hotmail, and Yahoo–and many others, including key international domains. Certified members receive numerous benefits, such as:
- Improved email deliverability to AOL, Yahoo, Microsoft, Comcast, Cox, Cloudmark, Yandex, Mail.ru, Orange, Spamassassin, and SpamCop
- Unblocked images and active links
- Bypassing critical mailbox-provider filters
- Leveraging real-time alerts and professional assistance
“For us, Certification provides us more than just higher inbox placement rates. It gives us a peace of mind knowing on a daily basis how our emails are being delivered.”– Mary Newhoff, Digital Marketing Manager, Tommy Bahama
Our list has the highest standards
At Return Path, we stake our reputation on the strength of our whitelist. Once we receive your application, we will review your email program, evaluate your permission practices, email infrastructure, privacy policies disclosures, and more. If applicable, we’ll give you specific recommendations on what needs to be changed or adjusted. This valuable, in-depth review can help you to improve your current mailing program, even before you get certified. Apply now.
To be accepted into the Return Path Certification Program, you must:
- Submit your application.
- Pass our review of your email practices.
- Show that you are compliant with all applicable laws, including CAN-SPAM.
- Demonstrate that you only send email from properly configured and authenticated servers with dedicated IP addresses.
- Maintain exceptional sender complaint and spam trap hit rates.
- Not appear on any reputable blacklists.
Once Certified, we will continue to monitor your performance and adherence to standards. We’re on your side. Our experts are always ready to help and ensure that you remain in good standing.
To learn more about improving inbox placement, read the Certification Fact Sheet.